Saturday, November 28, 2009

We set out to go to the Archives museum today. It was way too crowded. I guess people were visiting over the Thanksgiving weekend. It had a "Disneyland line," so we went to the American History Museum instead. Scott wasn't thrilled. He has never really liked it. I think he prefers political or military history and "real" American history. I loved this museum. It was all about our culture and people and what makes us "tick" as a nation. We saw things like American homes from the 1950's, Edith and Archie Bunker's chairs, Dorathy's ruby slippers, inventions, the history of birth control pills, which included women's lib, and my favorite was the "Star Spangled Banner" that still stood over Fort McHenry during the war of 1812. Frances Scott Key wrote our National Anthem after being so moved by seeing the flag still standing. We weren't allowed to take pictures of it though. Scott liked that and the stories of money room. The kids liked all the interactive things they had in the inventions area and other areas. We had a really great time.






No comments:

Post a Comment