Coming home from somewhere. This is
our street.
Our flat. Laura is on the steps.
They're kind of mocking the students. The
students always point and pose.
Mailing a postcard near our flat.
Just inside our entryway. Stairs up to classroom and dorms.
formal dining room on the left.
Formal dining room where the professors and their
families ate. Some of the students ate here too.
The parlor. Our boys played chess here with
the students. They also played Pokemon here!
Looking down to the entry way, dining room, and parlor.
Going upstairs to our flat. (four flights)
The classroom.
View from the Thames.
There were painted elephants all over London.
They were being sold for charity.
Trafalgar Square with the National Gallery and
St. Martins In The Field's church in the background.
St. Martins In The Fields.
Trafalgar Square
Whiteleys. The oldest mall in Europe.
Where I lived:) The grocery store near us. Without a car
it was hard to stock up for a family of seven. I was here
all the time!
On the corner of Bayswater and Queensway streets.
Across the street is Kensington Gardens Park.
Our favorite Gelato!
The girls are mocking me! They were tired of getting
their picture taken.
Mmmmm. Chicken Shawarma's from Taza,
a hole in the wall. So yummy!
Bayswater street near our house.
Hyde Park Ward
Playing in the "red forest," as my kids call it, in the plastic
area of the science museum.
Portabello Road shopping. They also sell antiques, clothing
music, kitchen and housewares, etc.
Portabello Road.
Potabello Road in high season. This is why
I left!
OK I couldn't resist. This was taken as I left Portabello
Road at a Rock store called 'Be Famous.' For those of
you who are wondering...This is an autographed picture
of Jimmy Page and Robert Plant from
Led Zeppelin. Cool.
The entryway of our house with all
our luggage. 14 bags not including
back packs. Scott showed his talents as
he packed and repacked all of our things
so they weren't over the weight limit!
This was around 2 or 3 AM.
he packed and repacked all of our things
so they weren't over the weight limit!
This was around 2 or 3 AM.
Heathrow Airport. Our four oldest had trolley's
with our luggage. Laura is second to the last in line.
What a site. Yes we were stared at!
Now...if we could just finish getting unpacked here. We're not good at it. It's like we came home in a tidal wave where life is so busy all the time. We have also lost a room with Laura and Heather no longer sharing, so we don't have a place for everything. We're getting it done slowly but surely though.
I really miss London. More than I imagined I would. (Except I don't miss the politics at the center!) But it's so great to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment