Well...we're definitely not going to Italy. Heather is really bummed. She wanted to go back to Florence so bad. The airlines made it official first then Scott made it official last night as he canceled our apartment bookings. It's sad, but I also feel relieved. We will have some family time this week though. Scott and some of the kids will go ice-skating to finish celebrating Laura's birthday and tomorrow we'll go to a theme park outside of London. (like Bush Gardens) The kids are excited about that.
The students have been troopers about their canceled flights. I think having some "normal" routine things like devotionals is helping. Also knowing they have a place to stay. My instincts are to make a HUGE batch of cookies and read stories to them! I'm such a pathetic and protective mom! I'm actually glad to have them around a little longer. I hope the airlines start flying again for their sakes though. I know it has been stressful for some.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment