Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Students

Where are "my" students? Every day before dinner we have a devotional as a group. We spend 15 minutes together in the parlor as Rodger and the rest of the staff give announcements, there's a spotlight and a spiritual thought and then a prayer for the dinner. Yesterday we met for devotional with our new group. It was really strange...our "normal" students were gone. It was kind of emotional. I love my other students and am missing them.

But today at dinner we had a really fun time getting to know some of the students who sat with us. Our family of seven takes up most of the table so we usually don't have very many sitting with us. Well, because we have more students this term, there were extra chairs. Three very outgoing guys sat at our table plus two girls. They LOVED our kids and even got shy Heather and Laura to talk. Something the previous students NEVER did. They didn't really try with Heather and Laura. And that's OK, I just thought it was cool that Heather and Laura were laughing and talking a little so early in the semester.

I asked the guys to "collect" my kids when they go out to play soccer or baseball. We have all the equipment so they have to come up anyway. It was refreshing to have such outgoing and funny guys here. I loved my other guys, but they were so different. Maybe it's just partly because it's spring term?? Anyway, I'm excited to get to know these new people in the center.

Tomorrow: The Museum of London and St. Paul's Cathedral. Here we go again!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have fun with the new group! Hopefully you won't have any volcano's or other mishaps. :-)

    ReplyDelete