2 days ago
Friday, February 19, 2010
Blenheim Palace
Just a nice house for 11th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough and also the birthplace of Winston Churchill. He never lived there though. The family title was passed on to his cousin. But they were life long friends and Churchill was there often. The most interesting thing to me was the Churchill exhibit and the gift shop devoted to WWII books. I bought two. I'm just not into big palaces for people I know little about. I'm really not into the Royalty here except the Windsors a little. I liked Princess Diana. It's all just so pretentious to me. Scott may feel different. I should say to be fair that Daniel had a lot of trouble here and it was hard for me to listen anyway. I had to leave the tour early and take him outside to run around. That seems to be a running theme of my experiences here! He's such a cutie though. In this case I was glad to do it. Besides, the grounds were beautiful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment