We went to Dover Castle yesterday. We have a great time. I can't decide what I liked best. The war tunnles underneath or the Castle itself. We weren't allowed to take pictures of the inside of the tunnels, but there were many tunnels used during the Napoleanic wars and then added to and used during WWII. They were used as a place of war business and hospitals. It was neat going through them because they had all the sound effects, furniture, equipment, etc. The tunnels are situated deep under the castle and have air vents all around. I don't know why I purchased WWII curriculum materials. The kids have already learned so much just with what they've seen here in London. We still have to go to the cabinet war rooms and as a family to the imperial war museum.
There are also some medieval war tunnels under the castle. We ran out of time to see them though. Daniel showed up missing for probably a 1/2 an hour. No one had seen him. He took off with some of the students ahead of us. He got in trouble too! Here are some pictures I found online.
No comments:
Post a Comment