I cried and cried once we got back to our flat. It's really hard because some of the students LOVE playing with Daniel and encourage him. They play chase with him and hide and seek. They tease him, "play" chess with him, etc. etc. I had a girl the other day tell me she can't get him to love her. Like it was a competition or something. It's really hard to not take something like this personal. For me anyway. Scott isn't at all. He just thinks the students need to know we're trying. That once people know that, then they won't be so judgmental. He also said they complain about each other just as much if not more. He's right about that. He's going to announce some things about this during tomorrow's devotional. The kids and I won't come down until after.
*Sigh* I do feel like withdrawing from things. That's easier than being confused about what Daniel can or can't do. If I don't know the boundaries, then how can I teach Daniel. Some students like to play with him and some don't like it when he gets so wild. I don't either actually, but I like to see him playing with people. Scott will probably get feedback at the devotional and we'll take it from there. In the mean time I have to walk on egg shells and talk to Daniel before we do anything in the centre. I just want to go home right now!
Oh Trisha, that's so sad. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so sorry! That must be really hard, Trisha. I don't know how you do it. I would have a really hard time. From one Mom-of-a-very -boy-boy to another, I know how you feel!
ReplyDeleteSorry Trisha, I know how you feel. Leah was a pain a lot and I constantly had to rein her in from driving the students crazy! Hang in there. It's not as bad as it seems.
ReplyDelete