Friday, May 7, 2010

"Cutsie Word Land"

I know I posted something about this on facebook a while ago, but I just can't help myself.

I'm well aware that in America, we have our own funny ways of saying things, slang, and "weird" phrases. But sometimes when I'm out and about I just start to laugh because of the things that I see or signs I read. For example: McDonalds had a shake in the winter that was called "Tasty Toffee Tastic!" It was plastered on the outside of the restaurant everywhere we went. I wish I took a picture. Here are a few I did take pictures of.

chesty cough
tickly cough
wibbly wobbly jelly (jello)
one hour photo place
scrummy cereal bars

Do you notice a theme? Everything has an "ee" sound. The funniest to me was at the British Museum. There was a mummified cat, who's description, written by experts on ancient Egypt,  said that they can tell by something or other that the cat "had a "STRIPEY" tail. This is a massive museum of ancient world history, with PhD's contributing, and they say "stripey." I laughed out loud. Isn't it just "striped?" With an "ed?" 

Anyway, I had to get this blog post done just for me. I'm in "Prim and Proper" England but everywhere I go I feel like I'm in a land of cutsie words!

3 comments:

  1. I love things like that. We saw the funniest signs and ads in Asia - there are whole websites dedicated to documenting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a funny one! http://www.flickr.com/photos/nzjy/467822659/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or www.engrish.com - that's the one I remember. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete