Chauton (Jane Austin's House)
Winchester Cathedral and Great Hall
Bath
Wednesday, May 12
Glastonbury Abbey
Wells Cathedral
Devonshire Coast
Thursday, May 13
Tintagel ("King Aurthurs" Castle) Cornwall Coast
Exeter Cathedral
Beautiful, Fun, Challenging, Educating, and an overall great experience! Driving on a coach for hours and hours has it's challenges with a four year old boy, (he tossed his cookies) but it was so neat to see the south west coast of England. I love London, but sometimes I feel claustrophobic. So it was really awesome to see the ocean again. Here are the highlights of our trip!
Jane Austin's Home in Chauton
Jane Austin's writing table. I "illegally" took this picture!
Daniel playing across the street from the house.
Winchester Cathedral (taken in the winter)
King Aurthur's Round table
If he existed, King Aurthur
was born in the 6th century.
Table built in the 11th century. Go figure!
Daniel listening to the kid's audio guide in Bath
Bath Abbey in the distance
BYU students (the three on the right are Cougarettes)
The Royal Crescent
Daniel LOVES mazes!
Glastonbury Abbey ruins
The kids playing in a weed mound at Glastonbury Abbey
while the students were on a tour.
The students were laughing because the kids looked like
prairie dogs poking their heads up and down.
Wells Cathedral
We arrived in Devonshire at the end of the day. We just
spent the night there before moving on the next day.
The water was FREEZING! Not like California in May.
Daniel collecting sea glass and rocks.
Tintagel in Cornwall
Laura on a cliff. Yes I was scared!
The main chapel at Tintagel. The castle in the
background is a hotel or something.
Exeter Cathedral
Whew! Time to go home to London. It was a four plus hour drive with a stop on the way. I'm glad to be home and we're not doing anything with the students next week! Just Scott. Heather will go on one day trip to Oxford University and Stratford on Avon (Shakespeare's home). I'm going to chill with the boys and try to catch up a little on their school.
Those pictures are amazing Trisha! Thanks for posting them.
ReplyDeleteit looks like the spot where "Wesley and Inego Montoya" had their duel in one of the greatest movies ever....Princess Bride!
ReplyDelete(this is LuAnn, by the way)